Sunday, 4 November 2012

29. Give Someone a Haircut

Now I have no intention in being a hairdresser, but I had always wanted to give someone a haircut. We look at hair everyday on people, I personally look at the amount of layers they have, if they have bangs, how short it is, and many other things, none in a judgmental way, but just looking at what suits each person. I always thought, how hard could cutting hair possibly be? I mean you cut the hair however you want it to look and that’s that, I never realized that there was a talent behind it. I was able to cross this one off my list this past summer, thanks to a brave friend of mine who agreed to let me cut his hair. I had googled pictures beforehand of what I imagined his hair to be like in the end and let’s just say it didn't turn out that way. It was a nerve racking experience, we sat in my backyard and I wet his hair and began snipping away, occasionally cutting my fingers with the scissors. I never thought that cutting a guy’s hair would be so difficult, but it seemed that no matter how hard I tried, it looked choppy. With the help of a friend who had taken a hairdressing course, we were able to salvage the amount of hair that was remaining. In the end I think it turned out nicely, I'm sure he'd disagree seeing as how he will never let me cut his hair again.

1 comment: