People tune into radio stations everyday and are constantly pleased with either the amazing music selection or the witty humour of it's host. Hosting a radio show is basically acting for the voice, you can feel as care free and comfortable as you want because no one can see you, you just have to have that crystal clear voice. I always thought it'd be awesome to host a radio show because I'd get to pick all the music and make them laugh without actually having to be in the same room as them. At my high school we have a radio booth that plays music in the mornings and at lunch, my broadcasting class last year had an assignment where we each had to do our own live radio broadcast. That was my big radio debut, my friend Conrad and I were partners and decided to do a themed radio show on classic TV and movie theme songs. We played things from the theme song of the hit nineties show Friends, to the unforgettable sounds of Star Wars (As seen in the picture, advertising our radio show). It was an amazing time and even better since we got to play such a wide variation of music that everyone loved. It was however nerve racking, seeing as how you're on live and anything you do or say cannot be edited, I definitely salute those who are in the radio business. DOing this made me realize that going into radio as a proffession is not something I want to do, I just don't have the quick responses and reactions that would be usful to have when talking on air. Sunday, 4 November 2012
36. Host a Radio Show
People tune into radio stations everyday and are constantly pleased with either the amazing music selection or the witty humour of it's host. Hosting a radio show is basically acting for the voice, you can feel as care free and comfortable as you want because no one can see you, you just have to have that crystal clear voice. I always thought it'd be awesome to host a radio show because I'd get to pick all the music and make them laugh without actually having to be in the same room as them. At my high school we have a radio booth that plays music in the mornings and at lunch, my broadcasting class last year had an assignment where we each had to do our own live radio broadcast. That was my big radio debut, my friend Conrad and I were partners and decided to do a themed radio show on classic TV and movie theme songs. We played things from the theme song of the hit nineties show Friends, to the unforgettable sounds of Star Wars (As seen in the picture, advertising our radio show). It was an amazing time and even better since we got to play such a wide variation of music that everyone loved. It was however nerve racking, seeing as how you're on live and anything you do or say cannot be edited, I definitely salute those who are in the radio business. DOing this made me realize that going into radio as a proffession is not something I want to do, I just don't have the quick responses and reactions that would be usful to have when talking on air.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BEST RADIO SHOW EVAR!!!
ReplyDelete