Sunday, 4 November 2012

58. Flash Mob

This is probably one of the things I was most looking forward to crossing off my list, being in a flash mob. With things like High School Musical and Glee what person doesn't want to experience the instantaneous outbreak of beautifully choreographed dance in a room? I have seen flash mobs in person before and remember them being so much fun to watch. My opportunity to be a part of one came this past week. I am a part of the Linkcrew class at my school, and for a social follow up with our grade nines we thought it'd be fun to surprise them with a flash mob on Halloween. We had two days to learn and rehearse the famous Thriller dance by Michael Jackson. Needless to say at the rehearsals I was bouncing off the walls with excitement. The idea was that my principal, Mr Pritchard, would call down all grade nines to the cafeteria for a very important speech on the literacy test. Then while he was speaking two Linkcrew students dressed as zombies would come take him away, at that moment the lights would go out and the rest of the Linkcrew students, in full zombie makeup, would come into the middle of the caf and begin the dance. It was possibly the most fun experience I've ever had at school and I know all the grade nines enjoyed it as well. Things like this, is what makes high school memorable. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU00FfpUgnw

No comments:

Post a Comment