Thursday, 8 November 2012
31. Attend an Olympic Game
Every two years our country comes together to cheer on our greatest athletics in the summer and Winter Olympics. Personally the Winter Olympics are my favourite, ever since the 2010 Olympics in British Columbia. I loved the feeling of our country coming together for something that isn't war or disasters, but rather something that makes everyone happy. It was the best feeling in the world to see Alexandre Bilodeau win that gold metal on Canadian soil live on my TV. I get chills when I watch the games and found myself staying up late in the night this summer just to watch them. I am such a proud supporter of the games that it only makes sense that I'd want to see them live. If they have such an effect on me through a TV I can only imagine how moving it would be to see it in person. I would much rather prefer to see the winter games over the summer, there's something about the snow that just makes me feel that much more Canadian watching it and it just feels like the Winter Olympics were made for us. I don't know when I'll get the chance to go see them, maybe in 2014? Or maybe in 2030? Whenever it is I'll be happy either way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love you.
ReplyDeleteI love the olympic games too!! I totally get what you are saying!
ReplyDeleteA dream is something that motivates us to go beyond our expectations, when you go to achieve these goals you are doing something that you've always truly wanted. This website really helps make a change in my life and i'm assuming others by letting them know that some dreams help you move forward and ones that are completed our what helps you keep your head high. Keep up the good work Courtney - Jeremy Bigras
ReplyDeleteHi Courtney!
ReplyDeleteI remember at my last school because we had so many New Canadians from all over the world, I put the Olympic games on in the library on the big screen every single day. It was so amazing to see them come in and cheer for Canada but also have a soft spot for any athlete from their home country. They were especially proud when their athletes would medal. We have to remember that some of the small and war torn counties have very little resources to support their sports programs and olympians so their medals come from a superhuman commitment and effort.
I love the finals in any olympic sport, but really love to watch volleyball, 100 metres, figure skating, beach volleyball, gymnastics, soccer!!!! :) Ms. Morton
Try and put some more posts up.