Wednesday, 7 November 2012

7. Visit Carlo's Bakery

Have you ever heard of a little something called Cake Boss? It is only one of the most popular TV shows to ever air on TLC, excluding all those little people and their eighteen kids of course. For those of you that were in my grade nine summer school class, I'm sure you'll remember a certain presentation I did on wanting to be a baker. Yes that is right, I Courtney Leeder had a dream of making cream puffs for the rest of my life. Unfortunately the dream was short lived thanks to the efforts of my dear mother. However I do still love to bake and always have, which is why Cake Boss was one of my favourite shows. I loved seeing how they were able to make such impeccable cakes and beautiful pastries, that and I also enjoy a good Italian family screaming at eachother and using exaggerated hand movements, makes me feel like I belong. Therefore I put it on my list to visit that small shop in Hoboken, and see if it is really as tasty as it seems on TV. You know what they say, the proof is in the pastry.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Courtney!
    I have read your new posts since last time. Excellent work. I think you would make an awesome pastry chef zombie who cuts people's hair during off times.
    I cut my husband's hair and the picture looks exactly like your's . Kitchen chair in the middle of the backyard with a towel around the neck. I make him go outside no matter how cold it is so hair doesn't get all over the house. Each time I give him a haircut I have to tell everyone not to take a picture of his right side. The left one always seems to turn out better :)

    Keep up the posts.
    Have you seen that show about the cupcake girls - they make cupcakes in New York and their business was exploding. They had to provide them for huge company parties and they lay them out on a gigantic floor in the shape of a picture (and they ice the cupcakes with separate colours according to the design they want to make). Whey they lay thousands down, it makes a picture (a company logo or whatever).
    :) M. Morton

    ReplyDelete